You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Sunday, November 27, 2016

You Really Can't Find Good Help

Poor Lady dog has been very annoying the last couple of days.  Mostly she is a laid back doggy, but she's been really needy recently.  Jeff has been sick with a really bad cold and I think that she's been concerned because he obviously didn't feel good.  This also means that she hasn't gotten to go on a walk in a while which also might contribute to the neediness of her doggy self.  

I brought her to the studio with me today so that Jeff could sleep.  She H-A-T-E-S the studio.  The only thing more rotten than a second straight day of nothing but glazing is the second straight day of glazing with a whining dog.  



As far as she is concerned, the only upside to the trip was when some people came to visit her.  Please note the blurry, wagging tail.  To you and me, these folks look like customers shopping in the gallery.  To Lady they were obviously there to see her and help her break out of prison.  

Yes - a second straight day of glazing.  I glazed all day yesterday except for when I was waiting on customers.  We had GREAT business yesterday for Small Business Saturday, so I got interrupted a lot.  I also had a ton of things to glaze, so I don't know that I would have gotten finished even if I had been there all alone with no distractions.  Don't misunderstand please.  I will always be happy to be interrupted by people stopping in my gallery to shop.  I was also really happy to get to spend a good part of my afternoon with Gail and her lovely daughter Sara.  It's always fun when Sara visits us.

I went back in today actually just to move the unfinished things out of the way so that Lisa and Gail could work this week, but there are things that I am trying hard to get finished so that I can get Hannah some new things for the coffee shop as soon as possible.  I decided to just suck it up and finish the glazing.  Then I decided to suck it up and go ahead and load the kiln as much as I could.  I'm about 2 shelves short of a full load, so as soon as Lisa and Gail get their glazing done, I'll have a glaze fire.  Stay tuned for pictures of new things soon.  Fingers crossed that all those darn ornaments I've made turn out OK.  Also remind me next year how much I hate making ornaments.  

No comments:

Post a Comment