You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Friday, November 25, 2016

Small Business Saturday!

Tomorrow is Small Business Saturday.  Please where ever you are, shop with your local small businesses.

I got the place all decorated for Christmas today.  
 

I have to give my mom credit for the decorations.  Without her help, I would have nothing, and that would be sad. The kiln god looks spiffy in his Santa hat, doesn't he?  That is the one decoration that I didn't need Mom to help me with.  Correction.  She was there to call 911 if I fell off the ladder.  All the rest was all her doing.  She gave me advice on what to buy, helped me fancy up the wreaths, made all the bows, and then came over and helped me get it put up.  She even told me it was OK when I managed to accidentally pull the window trim down.  You knew there had to be some sort of struggle, didn't you?

Allen always came in and decorated the Friday after Thanksgiving, so that is what I planned to do.  It was very strange to be doing it myself this year.  Other things that I've done with out him have made me sad.  This time though it was just weird. Maybe because I never helped him decorate, so I don't have those memories.  Or maybe it was just weird because it was 70-something degrees today and I was hanging garland and attaching bows.  Weird weird weird.  

Santa says, "Shop small on Saturday!"

No comments:

Post a Comment