You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Allen's Pots

Aren't these mugs amazing?

As you know, Ron Philbeck fired the last of Allen's pottery for me a few weeks ago.  Since then, I've sort of been holding them so that the appropriate people got a chance to see them before I put them in our gallery to sell.  I have priced them now, so they will be in the gallery soon.  

Here's a close up of one of those face mugs...

This one must have gotten a blast of soda right in the face. Look how shiny and almost metallic the finish is!  I think it's beautiful.  

There are pitchers...


This one is interesting.  That is a GREEN glaze on the rim, but in that one spot, it turned red. So cool.  I really wanted to buy that one myself, but I've got several Allen pitchers.  At some point one has to say, "I have enough pitchers." 

There are some cool lidded jars...

Each is lined with a different glaze. There was a green one (inside it turned purple), a blue one, a brown one, and a tan one. 

There are some smaller cups...

This is a shape that is very different from what Allen's cups usually look like.  They are almost delicate.  The glazing is probably not what he would have done, but I did the best that I could.  

There are these...

I don't know what he had in mind for these.  They could be really deep baking dishes.  I think they would look wonderful with a plant in them.  

There are some more normal sized baking dishes too, but none of the pictures of them came out all that great. This one shows a few of them.

One last picture of the tea pot...beautiful!

I will probably have these ready to move to the gallery by the end of the week, so if you are interested in owning one or more, you should stop by soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment