You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Soda Fire

I finally had time to check out each of the pots from the soda fire at Ron Philbeck's.  Boxes are unpacked.  The bottoms are checked for rough places and sanded where appropriate.  Close up pictures are taken...and now shared.

Here's some tallish things.

Doppler effect mugs.  When the glaze runs down, they appear less Doppler effect-y to me.  Still ok for mugs.

And some more mugs.  These are shorter and wider than I normally make.

Bowls.

Small lidded bowls.

Small lidded jars.

My favorite casserole from this firing.  Has super cool shiny look on the outside and a wonderful cobalt blue liner glaze. I might have to keep this one. Did a "test drive" last night and it cooks 7-Layer Dip pretty well.

Here's a not so good shot of the other casserole.  Believe it or not, that liner glaze is GREEN. It's an interesting green...goes kind of purple in places.  Almost all the pieces where I used this glaze as a liner came out purpleish instead of green.  It's green on the outsides.
Here's a shot of the outside of those 2 dishes.  Look how different.  The one on the left is made of Wonder White clay and the one on the right is Phoenix.  The different clay bodies produced completely different looks.

All in all, I am very pleased with my results.

I'll share some pictures of Allen's pieces later.  There are people who need to see them in person first.  You can expect more after next weekend probably.


No comments:

Post a Comment