You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Sunday, December 4, 2016

It's Hip To Be Square

I was working on "Not Round Things" this weekend.  A customer returned a large casserole dish that had cracked and I need to replace it.  It has been a long time since I tried making rectangular or square casseroles.

I'm trying to reproduce this dish...or get something like it. 

I started with the biggest round casserole that I could make. 

Then I cut the sides and pushed the walls in on two sides.


I trimmed off the part of the base that was sticking out and cleaned up the seams.

Handles were added the next day and I ended up with this piece.

I also made two others - another rectangular one and something sort of "squareish."

After adding handles...


Keep your fingers crossed that everything turns out ok.  

Speaking of fingers crossed, I need to go unload the kiln.

No comments:

Post a Comment