You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Saturday, January 31, 2015

2015 Treasures of the Earth Pottery Show and Sale

Treasures of the Earth
Pottery Show and Sale
Cleveland County Arts Council
Feb 5-Mar 4, 2015

Everyone is invited to the opening reception for this show at the Arts Council in Shelby on Thursday, Feb 5 from 5:30 to 7:30.  Get first chance to buy some lovely pottery, meet the artists, and enjoy some yummy food.  I'd love to see you there!  

Instead of my normal Saturday morning making stuff in the studio, I worked on getting ready for this week. Set up is Tuesday.  My pots are all labeled and packed in boxes, the inventory sheet is completed, the contract is signed and ready to turn in, and the cookies are made for the reception.  I would love to have done something a little more interesting for my contribution to the reception food, but I've also got an even at Buffalo Creek Gallery that night that requires food for a reception.  (More on that in the next paragraph.)  Since I have to work on Thursday, I had to do something that I could make several days in advance, that would keep in the freezer, and that I could make a lot of to cover both parties.  Cookies won. They are not elegant, but are very tasty.

So what's happening at Buffalo Creek Thursday night, you ask?  It's the 7th Annual Jewelry Trunk Show.  (I know this is a pottery blog, but stick with me.  This involves the gallery and the gallery sells my pottery, so I can write about it here.) It is from 5 to 7:30 pm and is also definitely worth checking out.  In addition to our member artists, there will be a number of visiting artists selling their handmade jewelry.  

I should point out that it would be VERY easy to do both events!  Both the Cleveland County Arts Council and Buffalo Creek Gallery are on the Court Square in beautiful Uptown Shelby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment