You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Monday, January 19, 2015

I Thought I Hadn't Made Much Lately

I've been feeling the pressure lately to get some work done in the studio.  I had an AMAZING December at Buffalo Creek Gallery.  Wow.  I really had no idea that my work would sell like that.  As a result, I find myself concerned about having enough nice stuff for Treasures of the Earth.  Treasures of the Earth is a pottery show and sale at the Cleveland County Arts Council that opens on Feb 5.  I'll set up for that on Feb 3 which is only 2 weeks from tomorrow.  I've been in "production mode" as much as possible for the past couple of weeks.  Since this is also a busy time for me at work, I really didn't think I'd done much.  

Then there was a bisque fire early last week and I suddenly had all this stuff to glaze.  I had trouble fitting it all on the glaze table at once.  Amazing.  Keep your fingers crossed that it all comes out.  The experiments with the hand rollers from a few weeks ago are now all glazed.  Maybe my next post can include pictures of those.  


I also have a number of things that are ready to be bisque fired.  These pictures are from last weekend when I made them.  They are now waiting to be fired. 


More piggies!  (I hope the corks that I have fit.)


Round baking dish.


More mugs with interesting texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment