You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Sunday, January 25, 2015

That's It - Encourage Me.

 Everyone had such nice things to say last week when I shared a picture of the lidded casserole that I made.  Thanks!  I was very pleased with it also.  
I gave it another try this weekend.


The handles were hanging out and firming up enough to attach (below).
FYI, empty coffee containers make GREAT containers for slip and have just the right amount of curve for handles.


This is what the casserole and trimmed lid looked like before handles and decoration were added.  


I also made a couple of big bowls this weekend.  I'm a little frustrated by these actually.  I felt like they should have been larger considering how much clay I used.  Oh well.  A heavy bottom makes it very sturdy.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it for now.


Many (but not all) of the things that I glazed last weekend got fired Friday afternoon.  The kiln was still too hot to unload when I left on Saturday afternoon, so I don't have pictures yet to share.




No comments:

Post a Comment