You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Sunday, February 15, 2015

I Glazed, I Loaded The Kiln, I Made Some Pots

The first thing I did this weekend was get glaze on all these pieces.  I was feeling very smug about how well that was going too until I realized that I used the WRONG green glaze to touch up a couple of spots on the lidded casserole.  Instead of washing it all off and starting over (what I probably should have done), I just added more of the wrong glaze so that it looked like I did it on purpose.  


Then I loaded up the kiln.  If luck holds, I'll have some finished things to show you next week.


I also made a few new pieces. I'm still experimenting with the new textures.  Allen said that I really needed to see how far I could stretch the clay out after applying the texture.  So I tried it.  The pieces in white are the really scary stretched out pieces.  Did I mention that this was scary?  Really pushing a piece as far as it can go before it collapses...I am NOT comfortable with it.  


Meanwhile, Gail was giving a demonstration for a couple of her friends.  She's going to be so happy that I'm sharing this picture.  Seriously, she was doing a GREAT job explaining what she was doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment