You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

I made a few mugs this past weekend.  Added a few things to make the handles a little more special. 

Then I moved on to a few honey pots.  I'd never made a honey pot before. 

Speaking of things I'd never made before...

I had a customer ask me to make a soup tureen.  I've never done one of those either.  They are generally BIG - bigger than what I normally can crank out. 

Rather than struggle with trying to center 8 pounds of clay at once, I centered half of it first.  

Then I added the other half and centered it.  

The first attempt did not survive.  This is round 2.  I left enough clay on the rim to make a gallery for the lid.

An inside view.

The lid took three tries before I had something that would work.

On to handles.  This one is for the ladle.  Yes, the ladle.

One for the lid and two for the sides of the bowl.

With the handles attached.

I will reserve judgement on the ladle until later.  I am not optimistic.

The bowl and lid all assembled.

The whole thing weighs a ton.  If it survives, I'll share the finished product in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment