You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Sunday, December 17, 2017

Oh, Honey!

I managed to get a glaze fire done last week.  I unloaded yesterday and was really pleased for the most part. 

Two of the three honey pots turned out very nice!
The third one didn't make it in this firing.

Big blue platter. Oh yay!

Leaf platter in one of my favorite glaze combinations.
This piece is larger than the blue one above.

Casserole with lid.

Same casserole from the side.

Some cups.
I like the red and green and was a little disappointed with the blue and tan.  It's not bad, but those 2 glazes do not play as well together as some other things do.  I keep forgetting that.

Some mugs.
These will go to Buffalo Creek Gallery for sure.  I have several bowls and things glazed this way there.

This is try #2 at making a ladle to go with the soup tureen.
The first try has survived so far, but I'm not happy with the shape of the bowl or how the handle feels.  Fingers crossed that this one will be better.  Also, yes.  Having this thing hang off the shelf like this scares me to death.

I will head back to the studio this afternoon. If you are going to the Shelby Christmas Parade, stop in and see me.  There will be a vendor set up in my parking lot selling funnel cakes and cotton candy. Be sure that you get a snack!  If you are IN the Shelby Christmas Parade, wave as you go by the studio.  I'm looking forward to a festive and fun afternoon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment