You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Merry Christmas To All And To All A Goodnight

I may have survived my second Christmas shopping season at A Griffin Pottery Associates.  I'm pretty pooped.  Pooped but rather satisfied I think.  Being open in Uptown Shelby on Dec 22 and Dec 23 is a pretty wonderful thing for me and for Jeff.  Our former students are home for the holidays by then and they are shopping.  They stop in to see us. Sometimes it is a surprise to find us and sometimes they know we are there and come to see us on purpose.  Either way, it's wonderful. 

Since I spent extra time in the studio this week, I made some pots when I wasn't selling pots.  Both the selling and the making are fun. 

The biggest "project" was this rectangular baker.  

I started by throwing the sides.  This started out round.  After it dried enough that I wouldn't totally destroy it, I cut it off the bat and pushed in the sides to make something more rectangular.

Turned it over and scored the bottom.

Stuck it on a slab and then worked on the joint.

Handles on the ends and now it is wrapped in plastic drying slowly while I enjoy a couple of days away from pottery. 

I also made this small round casserole.  Those handles might be a bit big, but I would rather have too big handles then too small handles.  I hate a wimpy handle.

I am almost completely out of mugs at my place and at Buffalo Creek Gallery.  I made 12 more this week.  This is 8 of them - before they got handles attached. 

I am also almost out of soup bowls...at least until I get these finished. 

The last thing that I finished up yesterday afternoon was this pitcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment