You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Remember That Momentum I Mentioned?

I unloaded the bisque fire on Monday morning and worked on getting things ready to glaze.  Tuesday I glazed and loaded up the kiln.  I have a kiln full of nothing but my work.  That's never happened before.  

I'll wait to fire on Thursday night I think.  I'm not planning on being in the studio on Friday, so it will have time to cool off before I need to be in there.  I hope to have some pictures to share with you after I unload on Saturday morning.  Keep your fingers crossed that everything goes well.  There's quite an investment in time and energy in that kiln right now.

There was one piece that didn't fit this time around. The glazed shelf looks really sad all empty, doesn't it?  


After I loaded up the kiln, I sanded all the things that I made last week that were dry enough for bisque firing. I bet there's half a load right now of green ware ready to go already.  It's all pretty big pieces.  I plan to do some smaller things like soup bowls and mugs the rest of this week.

I've got to use these last few days wisely.  I go back to work next week and the American Legion World Series gets started too.  I may not have time to get back in the studio for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment