You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Saturday, August 5, 2017

I unloaded the kiln on Thursday morning.

View of the top shelves.  Looks a little different from before, doesn't it.  

(The before shot)

Dad needed a new lidded bowl for salt.  I made 4 and let him choose the one that he liked the best. All 4 of them turned out nice, but I think this one may be my favorite.

This is the one Dad chose for his kitchen.

I like glazes that move when they are fired.  It takes 2 firings to get this effect.  After the first firing, the glaze on the top is a complete disaster.  I cover that with a different glaze (believe it or not, I'm using floating blue) and fire it again and all the problems with the first glaze are solved.


I also worked on some new things this week.  So far, this is what I've gotten finished.  

Ten soup bowls. 
I made 6 more of these last Saturday, so I'll have 4 sets of 4 when they are all done.

Two more bacon cookers...and I remembered to cut the drain holes in the bottom.

Doesn't seem like all that much, does it?  Keep in mind that there was also glazing and kiln loading/unloading that happened. 

I'll be in the studio a LONG time today, so I plan to get a bunch of stuff made.  I need mugs and another platter done ASAP, so those things will be the priority.  There's also 3 buckets of glaze to deal with.  I've been waiting for the glaze fairy to come do that for me, but it seems that she isn't going to help out after all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment