You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Building Momentum

This was kind of a busy week.  For the first time all summer, I felt like I accomplished some things in the studio.  Better late than never, right?

Here are some pictures of things that came out of the last glaze fire.

I am really happy with these cups.

There were 2 of these planters.  I've sold one, but the other is in the gallery at A Griffin Pottery Associates.

The yarn bowls turned out nice I think.


The blue glaze sagged a little more than I expected where it overlapped the red, but I think it is OK.

On Tuesday, I made a trip to Carolina Clay Connection in Charlotte.  It was past time to get a new supply of clay and a few of our glazes were starting to get low too.  I forget how wonderful it is to work with fresh boxes of clay!  It happens so gradually that I don't really notice it, but clay that has been sitting around for a few months is so much harder than a new box.  

I made 3 bacon cookers

and 3 big casseroles in no time at all.

After that, I made myself stop.  It is not a good thing to have too much that needs finishing before the end of the week.  When things are going well, it is easy to bite off more than I can chew.

This is a picture of my water bucket at the end of all that throwing.  There's more slip in there than water.  The sponge is sitting on the top of the slip in the bottom of the bucket.

The last thing I did before I left for the day was load up a bisque fire.  I should have some glazing to do this week and a glaze fire to follow soon. More pots to show off soon I hope.  

One last thing.  

Most of the time, I can ignore the stupid parking that happens in my parking lot on a regular basis.  This is just too much.  There are no other cars in the lot and this is where this person decided to park. I can almost understand if one were just running in and out real quick, but he was there for the duration.  When I needed to leave, I had to go next door and ask if he would please move so I could get out.  His response to being asked to move was classic, "I didn't mean to block you in."  I couldn't think of a single thing to say to that that wasn't snarky and sarcastic, so I just kept quiet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment