You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Some of Everything is Ready

I'm not sure how it is Wednesday already.  I meant to get this post up over the weekend.  There was a glaze fire last week.  Some of the several dozens of pieces that I've made were in there.  Other people have pots to fire too.  This studio is not all about me.  

Here's a shot of everything.
This covers maybe half of the glazing table.  I still have lots left to be fired.  


Here's a close up of the two trays.  Pretty darn pleased with these.  


A not so close up of a bowl and a casserole.


A big, green platter.
The glaze on this is so shiny it's hard to get a good picture.


Some tiny bowls, tiny pitchers, a few candle holders, and some business card holders.
Remember the business card holders?  


More business card holders, tiny bowls, and a couple of butter dishes.
There are still many, many business card holders to be glazed and fired.


In other stuff last week, I made 9 dessert bowls.


And six mugs.

 

There was also another bisque fire over the weekend.  The rest of the business card holders were in that bisque fire.  I'll be glazing more pots when I manage to get back to the studio.

Hopefully I can get all the rest of the business card holders in the next glaze fire. I need to get a good count so that I know if I need to do more.  There are 52 currently, but I can't be sure that I've got 52 good ones until they are glaze fired.

No comments:

Post a Comment