You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Monday, July 20, 2015

I Glazed Everything

I have been pushing myself pretty hard to make pottery lately.  All this was in the last bisque fire. 



That's two different views of the same pieces.  No matter what I tried, I couldn't get one shot that really showed everything well.  Please note that they cover the entire glaze table. It took several hours on Saturday to get everything ready to glaze.  The plan was to let things dry over night and come back in on Sunday and get the glazing done.  I was packing up my stuff to go and I realized that I had some really nice leaves that I either needed to use or throw away.  So I did this...


Soft clay is one of life's little treasures.  When the clay is soft, you can throw a platter, a plate, and a good sized bowl in not much time and with minimal effort.  The down side is that are three pieces that will need to be trimmed on Sunday in addition to the huge amount of glazing.  


It took almost 5 hours including a break for lunch, but I got all of that stuff glazed and trimmed the 3 new pieces.  Phew!  


Stay tuned.  I'll try to show you some glazed pieces next week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment