You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Friday, November 18, 2011

Recovery

It feels like last Saturday's Carolina Pottery Festival was months ago.  First of all, I need to say a BIG thanks to everyone who came out.  Of course, HUGE thanks to those who made purchases,  but even if you didn't, it was good to see you.

After being on my feet selling pottery all day, getting packed back up and loaded up in the car, and then unloading once I got home that evening, I was exhausted.  Then, of course, I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about all that needed doing to get the pottery unpacked and back on the shelves where I store it.  It is not normal to be up at 2 am unpacking boxes, but I did it.  I've learned that it is just better to get up and do whatever it is that is keeping me awake.  So Sunday was a strange day after being up half the night.

This week has been what I'd consider much closer to normal for me, so I've had a chance to rest a bit.  I even took a nap this afternoon!  I got back to work in the studio Thursday night.  Got started on replacing some of the pieces that I sold last weekend.  I started out by throwing a large bowl.  My intention was to make that part of one of the chip and dip sets like I made earlier this fall, but it was too pretty.  I couldn't smash it. Then I threw another large bowl, smashed the side of it, and then threw the small bowl that goes with it.  After that, I threw two bowls for a different kind of chip and dip set.

I went back to the studio on Friday morning.  I joined the bowls on the first chip and dip and then worked on the second one.  For this set, I cut off one side of one of the bowls and joined them.  (These pictures are actually from one I made some time ago.)  If you look at this from the top, it looks like two intersecting circles.  They are rather labor intensive, but I think they are really cool.  I wouldn't want to do it every day, but sometimes the challenge is fun.

1 comment: