You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Friday, November 11, 2011

Pottery Festival Tomorrow

I spent today getting ready for the Carolina Pottery Festival.  It happens only once every 365 days and right now, I'm really glad.  I am TIRED.

It's been a very busy couple of weeks and today was really the first time I've been able to think much about getting ready.  I don't like to leave everything to the last minute, but sometimes there's no way to avoid it.  This morning, I packed up all the pottery, shelves, lights, and tables in the car.  It actually took all morning to get that done.  Then I spent the afternoon getting set up over at the Cleveland County Fairgrounds.  After standing up on the tile floor at home all morning and the concrete floor in my booth all afternoon, my legs and feet are really tired and a little bit sore.  (What's up with that?  I'm supposed to be a triathlete and fit.  I should NOT be so wimpy about this.)

I had some really great help in getting set up from my mom.  She is so much better at arranging things than I am.  She's also responsible for all the table drapes that I have.  So if my booth looks good, Mom gets the credit.  I just made the pots.  My good friend Athena also came over after work and helped me make sure that the new credit card reader was working properly.  I am very appreciative of all of their help.  They are also both really good company, so just having them around is fun.

I did get a nice surprise this afternoon.  I have a new booth space this year.  I have been moved to Dorton Hall--something that I've been hoping would happen for a couple of years.  The building is older, but the booth spaces are a little bit bigger.  The tables and shelves are all set up and there's enough room for a couple of chairs and a table for wrapping out of the way.  This is going to be a huge improvement.

I'm actually quite excited about tomorrow.  This show is such a good time.  I get to see lots of people and some of them even buy my pottery.  Honestly, I'm still kind of amazed that I can actually sell my work.  Grateful, pleased, honored, and amazed.  How the heck did I get here?  Tomorrow will be fun and I can't wait!  I just hope I sleep tonight.





No comments:

Post a Comment