You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Monday, March 5, 2018

Feels Like Zero

I didn't start any new pots this week, so it feels like I made nothing.  Weird.  I loaded and fired a bisque fire on Monday afternoon.  My friends unloaded for me on Wed, so I didn't have to do that, but I did fix a minor plumbing problem that afternoon.  Thursday, I worked on getting all my pieces ready to glaze.  Then on Friday and Saturday I glazed all the things.  The kiln got loaded up and fired Saturday afternoon.  How does this feel like I didn't do any pottery last week? 

Here's a (bad) picture of some of the pieces that I glazed.

I am a crazy person.  Is it a good thing that I can at least recognize it sometimes when I am a crazy person?  Please tell me this is a good sign. 

I finished up these tan wine cups,
(I really like how these came out!)

these white wine cups,

eight egg separators (two don't have faces),

and this big whopper of a bowl.

There are actually more things that didn't make it in the glaze fire, so I will have even more finished work to show off in a few more weeks.  I think I may have even timed things correctly to have maximum finished work to go to the Catawba Valley Pottery Festival in Hickory.  

I also finally did some much needed cleaning out of old, bad pots that couldn't be sold.  Yay for me!  


Someone has actually asked for broken, glazed pottery, so I'm doing what I can to supply some.  It was really hard to smash that first piece with the hammer.  Really hard.  Even though it was awful crap, it was still hard to destroy it on purpose. At first.  Then I kind of enjoyed it.  For the record, I did wear "these safety glasses" while breaking things up.  Norm Abrams would be proud.  If you don't know who that is, please look up This Old House and/or The New Yankee Workshop.  I recommend binge watching.  

No comments:

Post a Comment