You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Monday, February 12, 2018

Push On!

These wine cups are the newest additions to the gallery at A Griffin Pottery.  There are a total of 4 of these.  They were in the last kiln load that I fired last weekend.  I had lots of nice things in that kiln load. In addition to these 4 cups, I also dropped off some new mugs and a utensil holder at Buffalo Creek Gallery.  Many of the new pieces went to the Arts Council for my display for Treasures of the Earth.  That show is up through March 7.  I hope that you can find the time to go by. 

I am working hard to get ready for the Catawba Valley Pottery Festival.  Treasures will be over by then, so I can plan on taking things that didn't sell here to Hickory with me. One always hopes to not have much to pack up and bring home after a show, so I am working under the assumption that I will need a booth full of new pots for the March 24th show.  What can I say, I have flashes of optimism. 

Here's what I accomplished this weekend.

Some lidded jars.


This one is shorter and wider.  It would work as a cookie jar.

I forget how much time these take!  It didn't help that things dried so slowly due to all the rain.

The last thing I made was this utensil holder.
I managed a little more height this time than the last batch of big things, but I am still a ways away from my 12 inch goal.


I still need mugs.  I planned on making another group of 6 on Saturday before I left. Sometimes though, one is so tired that it is best to just STOP and go home.  I tried the first mug and couldn't even get one successful pull.  Time to quit.  That clay will still be there this week when I get back to the studio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment