You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Really, There Was More

I worked my fanny off in the studio this weekend...and only managed to take one picture. 
This is a big platter.  Notice that I had to take the splash pan off.  If anyone else had been around, I might have felt the need to flex and scream (like a linebacker after sacking the quarterback - or at least one who doesn't know how to behave does) when I got done with it.  To be honest, I'm more of a hold my breath so that it doesn't collapse and gently move it from the wheel to the table kind of person.  But flexing and screaming makes for better story telling.

I knew that I needed to be open a long time on Saturday, so I stared by working extra on Friday.  Trust me, it makes sense.  I had a bunch of work that needed to be glazed, and I wanted to make some things that would need finishing on Saturday.  I threw that big platter, a bowl, and 4 mugs.  All those got finished up with trimming and handles where appropriate on Saturday.  I also loaded most of a glaze fire.  I'm waiting to top it off with some things that my associates are glazing.  I also worked on reclaiming clay.  Reclaiming is not my favorite chore.

I hope I have some finished pieces to show off after the kiln is unloaded later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment