You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Just LOOK At These

Well, not these pots.  Keep reading...there are some beautiful Allen pots farther down.


My project yesterday was to get all the cone 10 pieces ready for glazing.  This means to think about what parts need to be glazed for the sake of function and what I want to be glazed because of how it will look.  These mugs will have a liner glaze (function) and glaze on the rim and in the dot (how it will look).  I used wax to outline the edges of the glazed areas so that glazing can be done as quickly and neatly as possible. White (or clear) wax on white clay is super hard to see, so I put a little red food coloring in the wax.  In the tub, it looks really red, but painted on the clay its only barely pink. 

Thinking about my pieces was hard enough, but I've also got some Allen pieces to finish too.  Just look at some of these treasures! 

'

Big mugs with faces...


Nice lidded jars...


And super cool deep pots. Would you bake something in this? I sure would.

Below is a picture that I took on Friday afternoon.  Lisa (on the left), Gail (on the right), and I had almost every surface in the studio covered with work.  Some of it we did on Thursday night during the Art Walk and some we threw that day.  It was pouring rain, so nothing would dry enough to finish!  The bowls you see on the slab press (foreground) I made Thursday night.  They weren't dry enough to trim until late Saturday afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment