You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Big News


I have joined Buffalo Creek Gallery!!!  

This is big news in my world and I am very excited.  I must give credit where it is due here, so there's a list of people that I must thank.  Get comfortable...

Thank you, Allen Griffin, for everything.  (The list of specifics is so long, I'll save it for another post.)

Thank you, Katie Earl, for asking me if I was interested in joining and for answering all my questions even while you were on vacation with your family.

Thank you, Jeff Jones, for being willing to work my days in the gallery.  I believe the exact words were, "That sounds like exactly the kind of thing a retired man can do."  

Thank you, Ron Philbeck, for teaching that awesome pottery class last spring.  I learned a lot about making pots, made some new friends (including you and Katie), and learned that stepping outside my comfort zone is a good thing.  Thank you also for cheerfully providing a reference to include in my application for membership in the gallery.

Thank you, Martha Moore, for providing a reference for me and for being excited that I was applying.

Just so you guys realize how cool Ron and Martha are, let me explain about the references.  I realized on Monday that I was required to provide references with my application for membership and that I really needed them at the gallery by Tuesday night.  Ron and Martha didn't hesitate and I hope that they both know how much that means to me.

I'm going over there later this week to take a look at the space that will be given to me so that I can figure out what pottery I need to take for my display.  In the near future Jeff and I will get trained in how to work the gallery.  I will share pictures when I have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment