You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Time Flies

Where did February go?  Seriously how is it March already?  I'm glad that spring is a little bit closer, but I feel like I should have accomplished more in February than I did.  Oh well.

This week in pottery class (because I know that you are dying to hear what I learned) we glazed.  Other than this shot of my pots with glaze on them I have nothing fun to show off this week.


My pots are the ones closest to the camera. I will try to take an "after" shot this week once they are fired.  I'm actually pretty excited to see what a couple of these glazes look like.  These are all glazes that are different from what we use at Allen's studio and I really liked a couple of them on the testers. I'm also anxious to see if the lid fuses to the jar on that one pointy lidded thing in the left of the picture.  Since that piece was fired "lid on," I tried to keep the glaze off any surfaces that would touch.  Since those surfaces are inside the pot, I'm not totally sure that I did. There's always the possibility of the glaze running a little bit when it is fired too.  Keep your fingers crossed.  

I did a little work in the studio this weekend.  I'm working on getting my mug inventory back up.  I fired 4 at Allen's this week (one of those sold before I even got it home) and 2 more at the college.  Then there are these 6 that I made this weekend.  










No comments:

Post a Comment