You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Friday, November 22, 2013

What's Next?

As you are aware if you read this blog frequently, the Carolina Pottery Festival was last Saturday.  I think things went very well.  The potters seemed happy and the customers seemed happy (as much as I could tell) with the new location.  Thank you to everyone who came out to see us.  I hope you found just what you were looking for and that you left happy and planning to come back next year.  

Here's a shot of my booth after I got it all set up on Friday afternoon.     


Thank you for not pointing out how terribly wrinkled the table drape is in the back.  Ugh. I wish I could figure out how to store all that fabric in a plastic Rubbermaid tub without having wrinkles.  I briefly considered ironing, but ditched that idea pretty quickly since I was going to have to put the drape back in the tub to get it to the festival location. 

And for the sake of comparison, here's a picture that I found of last year's booth.  


The shelves on top of the table work better for me that the tall shelves I think, and the black pipe and drape in the LeGrand Center makes a much better backdrop than the wall in the space at the mall.  

I'm still working on figuring out how to arrange things so that the pottery is visible and safe (with the tall shelves, I was worried that the whole thing would fall) and  so there is plenty of room for shoppers.  I also need a place that I can be that's in the booth but out of the way.  I need to be accessible for answering questions and and I need space to handle payments and wrap up pots.  This year, I walked around and really paid attention to how other potters had things arranged.  I have some ideas on how to improve that I will try next time.  

And when is this "next time" you ask?  We are planning a mini pottery festival at the studio on Dec 7.  Hours will be 10 am to 4 pm and there will likely be three of us (Allen Griffin, Ronnie Blackburn, and me) there selling pots.  So if you weren't able to get to the Carolina Pottery Festival, come over and see us at A Griffin Pottery the first Saturday in December.  

I also plan to have my annual Christmas Sale on Dec 13.  This sale will be at Casa Jones on Maple Springs Church Rd.  More information about that as I plan.  At this point, my plans have consisted of thinking, "Hmmmm. If I am at the studio on Dec 7, that leaves Dec 13 as the best time to do the Sale at the house."  

1 comment:

  1. You are getting it all figured out Susan. Booth looks great. I always struggle with having a place for people to stand and pay and for me to wrap up pots. Good luck w. the Sale on the 7th. (and 13th).

    ReplyDelete