You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Final Salt Fire Post

Here's what greeted us when the kiln was opened.  Actually, "us" is not correct.  I wasn't there when the door was opened.  I didn't get there until after all the pieces had been unloaded.  In fact, one of the potters was already packed up and gone before I could get free from work.  I would have really liked to see her pots.





Of all the things that I fired, I think this bowl may be my favorite.  The inside is so cool!  The bowl is now sitting on my kitchen counter holding the remnants of the Halloween candy.

It probably will not go to the Carolina Pottery Festival next week.




















Mugs.....





More mugs....


I was pretty pleased with all the mugs this time around.  Decided to keep one of each for myself.





These turned out great too.  There were originally three of these (think canister set) but one broke before it even made it to the bisque fire.  I was disappointed at the time.  Seeing how they turned out makes me even more disappointed.






Here's the coolest of all the pitchers.  It's part of a cream and sugar set.












I also made several utensil holder/vase things.  This is one of the more interesting ones.


The glaze on this is the same glaze as on the pitcher, the canisters, the blue rimmed mugs, and the rim of the bowl above.  Isn't it interesting how different it looks on each piece?

2 comments:

  1. You had some really nice pots come out of the kiln Susan. I'm glad you were pleased with them. Look forward to seeing you this Saturday at CPF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ron. The whole experience was a lot of fun for me.

    ReplyDelete