You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Monday, October 10, 2011

Leaf Me Alone

I managed to get the glaze fire done last week in time for us to have the pieces that we needed for the show in Lincoln County on Saturday.  To the right is my favorite of the things that were mine.  It is always exciting when something works out exactly like you plan.  That doesn't happen all that often for me.  The leaf on this tray is from one of the red bud trees in my yard.

Saturday's show was good.  I sold enough pottery to cover my expenses.  Although I really didn't make much money, my thinking is that if I make any at all, it is more than I would have if I'd stayed home.  It was only the second year of this particular show, and the crowd was better than last year.  I think they were buying more pottery too although I have no data to back that up.  Everyone is really nice, it is easy for me to get there, the timing is good for me, and the money raised from admission goes to help a school.  All this makes me agree to do it again next year.


I promised that I would share pictures of some of the new things that I've tried to make recently...and here they are.

On top is one of the nut bowls.  Ideally, the small bowl should be just wide enough at the top to kind of hang on the larger bowl.  This one didn't quite make it, but I think it will still work.

Below is one of the finished chip and dip sets.  Kind of cool looking I think.  I had two of these at the show on Saturday, and I still have two of them. Go figure.  I had sort of planned to make a few more, but I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of them if I'm the only person who thinks they are cool.

3 comments:

  1. Wow,Susan your work is so beautiful. I can remember when you started making pottery. The rectangular one above with the leaf is really nice. What a talent you have!
    Susan Holt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susan! I don't know about talent, but I work hard at it. Is VERY good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All 3 of these pieces sold on Saturday at the Carolina Pottery Festival. I'll have to do more!

    ReplyDelete