You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Monday, October 3, 2011

I will be going to the Appalachian Potters Market in December!

I got an email this morning informing me that I am IN the Appalachian Potters Market this year.  This is very cool and comes as quite a surprise to me.  I sent in an application just a few weeks ago because I'd heard that there were not as many potters on the waiting list this year.  I had no idea I'd actually make it in and thought that this way, at least I'd be on the mailing list with the possibility of getting in next year.  Turns out, I was first on the list and there was a cancellation this morning!  So on December 3, I will be at McDowell High School seeing pottery.  

In the studio last week, I was a little more productive than the week prior.  The clay tried to kick my butt, but I managed to make some cake pans on Thursday evening.  On Saturday, I trimmed the bottoms of the cake pans, ran to the vet to get some medicine for one of my horses, and loaded the kiln for a bisque fire.  This doesn't seem like all that much, but it is a significant improvement.  

Tradition Turners Pottery Festival is on Saturday and there are a couple of pieces need to be fired so that Ronnie and I have them to take with us.  This means that we needed to do a bisque fire over the weekend (DONE!) and follow that with a glaze fire the beginning of this week (HOPE to get done no later than Wednesday!).  I'm feeling some pressure about this.  Lucky for me, this week is Fall Break at CCC.  Even though I still need to work, I can be more flexible with my time so I can get the glazing done and the kiln loaded.  

In my next post, I should have some pictures to share again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment