You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Monday, April 27, 2020

The Week In Review

This time last week, I was ending up my day as the featured artist on the Local Online Vendor Fair Facebook group.  I am amazed at how well that went! THANK YOU to everyone who commented on or reacted to my pictures. HUGE thank you to those of you who made purchases.  Your love and support means the world to me.  I honestly don't have the words to adequately thank you. 

Last Monday went so well, that I've asked for a day in May to show off my work again.  May 17 is my day, so brace yourselves! 

I plan to have some new things to share as well as some of the other pieces that I didn't have time to show you last week.  New pieces?  Why yes!  I am firing the kiln as we speak.  This is a bisque fire, so frantic glazing and a second firing will follow in the days to come. 

So what did I do after I finished packing pots up for pick up and delivery?  Well, I made a bunch of bacon cookers.  I sold the 2 that I had on Monday.  Sometimes that is all it takes to get my rear in gear.  I made 6 more cookers. 
I am aware that there are only 5 in this picture.

There were also a few mugs, some cake plates, a casserole dish, and a couple of apple bakers.  For some reason I didn't get pictures of those.  Maybe because I'm trying to finish up the last of the clay that I got back in January.  Carolina Clay Connection was out of my favorite speckled brownstone clay and I've been making due with other clay that I don't like so much.  I was down to my last box when I heard that Carolina Clay was taking emailed orders for curbside pick up now.  Hallelujah!  (Hallelujah also for spell check because I couldn't spell hallelujah on my own if my life depended on it.) 

My studio assistant and I made the trip to Charlotte today.  

Dixie supervises the loading of the boxes.
"Make sure you spread them out.  We don't want all that weight in one place back there."

Even though I knew how to get home, Dixie felt that she needed to help navigate.
"Turn left at this stop sign."

Once we hit interstate, she was out.  Is that comfortable, Dixie doggy?
"Zzzzzzz...."

I have new clay!

And new glaze!

And lots of work to do!

Still using up the last of the old, not as favorite clay, I started on some new pasta bowls. I had a total of 10 pasta bowls last week and they all sold too.  These are not easy to make, but I'm getting better I think.  

I got these 3 made relatively quickly even though the clay was kind of hard.

Then the 4th bowl did this. Twice.  

It took 3 freaking tries to get that 4th bowl thrown.  I did finally get it, so I have 4 bowls to trim tomorrow.  I also plan to make 4 more bowls.  We shall see how it goes.  I also have glazes to process and that is always a lot of fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment