You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Monday, January 15, 2018

An Extra Day In The Studio

With the 3 day weekend this week, I got to spend extra time in the studio.  A good thing since Treasurers of the Earth is only 3 weeks away.  Seriously? How did THAT happen?

I am in full out pottery panic mode.  That translates to: 

"I need another soup tureen!"
"Glaze all the things!"
"Mugs!  I need more mugs!"

Here's the next soup tureen.  I just realized that I forgot to cut a hole in the lid for the ladle. It's wrapped up right now, so I hope I can take care of that tomorrow. 

 I started with 8 pounds of clay again.  Actually I tried to throw 9 pounds and that kind of got away from me, so the next try was just 8 pounds. 

Then because I didn't want to move the big bowl, I used one of the other wheels in the studio to throw the lid. Managed to make a lid on the first try this time. 

Checking the lid fit before trimming.

Forgot the hole for the ladle, but I didn't forget the ladle.

I had a lot of work in the last bisque fire.  ALL of that got glazed this weekend.  This is part of it.   Believe it or not, it didn't all fit on the table at once.

After finishing all the glazing and the tureen making, I threw six mugs.  I'll get handles on them tomorrow between work and the gallery meeting at 6pm.  At least that is my plan.
That big bowl back there is the 9-pound bowl that ended up not being the soup bowl. Who needs a huge bowl?

Next week, I expect my pottery panic to translate to:

"Fire the kiln!"
"Soup bowls!  I don't have enough soup bowls!"
"Still not enough mugs!"
"OMG - what else can I make?"

No comments:

Post a Comment