You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Crunch Time

The Carolina Pottery Festival is less than 2 weeks away and we are working like busy little bees in the studio getting ready.  Last week, I fired a glaze fire.  There were some nice pieces in there! 

I was in too much of a hurry to get the light box set up for "real" pictures. 

Slightly different angle on the same piece.

Not a great picture of this casserole.  The handles are different from what I normally do.  They are really comfortable and feel good and sturdy.  I'll do them again I think.

A red bowl similar to the green piece above.

Serving plate maybe?  Kind of a cool effect where I poured on a strip of red and then covered the whole thing in green.  Honestly, I struggle so with glazing white clay.  All my favorite glaze combinations look better on red/brown clay.

Lady and Jeff kept me company last Sunday afternoon while I loaded.  
That is one pitiful dog right there.

As soon as I unloaded the glaze fire, I loaded up the next bisque.  Got that taken care of so that we could get everything glazed this weekend.  I'll fire the last glaze load this week.  I was "supposed" to load it up today, but I was too tired after Sunday dinner at the in-laws and then contest plays at the high school. I'll get that done tomorrow.  Because I'm sure that I will not be tired at all after working all day.  Good plan, right? 


No comments:

Post a Comment