You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Friday, May 12, 2017

Yes, This Is Normal

Pottery sometimes requires the use of the entire body.  At least for me it does.  Gail took this picture last weekend when I was getting handles on batter bowls.
A bowl is significantly heavier than a mug and I was having a hard time holding it while I pulled the handle.  Got a lot easier when I rested it on my head.  Of course, then the problem was that I couldn't really see what I was doing. Things need to be farther away from my eyes these days if I am going to be able to focus on them.  

As promised, I am telling you about loading up a bisque fire...


I hope things will be cool enough to unload on Saturday morning.  I'd like to get some things glazed right away so that I can fire a glaze fire ASAP.  I have a few pieces that have deadlines.  I'm really nervous about meeting those deadlines.  

In other news, I'm going on the road again this morning.  More on that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment