You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Rock Star Status

I may have said this before, but it is worth repeating.  If you ever need to feel like a super human, do a pottery demonstration for children.

Catherine Ware asked me to talk to her second graders at Graham Elementary School on Friday.  Jeff volunteered to help me take a wheel over there.  Being able to show students how pottery is made on the wheel was MUCH better than just talking about it.  As soon as I made the first pull, there were lots of oohs and aahs.  One little voice asked me if I was magic.  Of course, my answer was, "Yes."



They all had tons of questions, and we ran out of time.  Next time I do something like this, we will skip the pictures of the studio and go straight in to the demonstration.  That's what kids want to see.

Remember that bisque fire I did on Thursday?  Unloaded Saturday morning. I'll be headed back to the studio today to start glazing.  

So many cups.

And bunches of other things.  Who made all this stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment