You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Stepping Up My Game

I bought some inexpensive equipment this weekend to take better pictures of my pottery.  It's not perfect, but it's definitely better that what I had before. 
Better, yes?

Thanks to Amazon Prime and some advice from people who know more that I do about this kind of stuff, I've got a light box and two lamps. The box folds up into a pretty small case and the light come off their tripods easily for storage.  I don't have room in the studio to leave things set up all the time, so collapsible and easy to put away were important things for me. I don't really like the backgrounds that came with the kit, but I can work on that later.  For now, this will do just fine.  Ignore the wrinkles.  I didn't feel like ironing.

Here are some things that came out of the glaze fire last week.





I like the black background better than the white, but darker pieces show up better on the light one.



I've gone back and forth all day about whether to mention this or not...tomorrow is March 27.  Allen died a year ago. Sometimes when I need a hug, I wear his apron.  Today was one of those days. 

If that makes me weird, y'all are just going to have to deal with it.  I'm weird, and I miss my friend.
A. Lot.
My life is better because Allen Griffin was in it. Because of him, I have an amazing opportunity to continue to do something that I've come to love and that gives me a great deal of satisfaction. I get to share that with other people - the people who buy my work and the people who share my studio.  That's pretty darn cool.

I made a few things this weekend.  Only a few though.  


I also worked on glazes. I'm happy to say that I've re-hydrated all but about 2 of the glazes that Doby gave me. I need to go buy a few buckets and then, I can finish that little project. I can't wait to test out some of the colors with which I'm not familiar.  (Please note that I did not end that sentence with a preposition even though I wanted to.)

No comments:

Post a Comment