You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Sunday, January 15, 2017

The Answer Is Eight

How many bisque fired mugs can I carry at once?  Eight. Four with each hand.  I know you wondered.

I turned around today after throwing the last piece I was going to make and saw this.
There's pottery on every work surface.  What on earth did I do?  That's all mine there.

On the right side, that's all my bisque ware waiting to be glazed.  I unloaded the kiln and figured that I might as well get ready to glaze.
Twenty mugs, eight "wine mugs", three trays, some soup bowls with cracker rims, and a couple of utensil/vase things - all waxed on the bottom. 

Then in the middle, four bacon cookers and six mugs.  All those were thrown a day or two ago and I put handles on them today. Bacon cookers are a pain in the butt.  I remember why I don't make them often. 

Then on the left, the new things that I threw today that will get finished (I hope) tomorrow.  
Two good sized bowls.  I decided to play around with some texture on these.  Haven't done that in a while. 
And how about some cups with feet?  These may not end up being any good, but I saw a picture of something similar recently and I like them.  Why not try, right?  
Here's a slightly different view of them.  What do you think?  

No comments:

Post a Comment