You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Sunday, January 22, 2017

A Few Mugs Latter

Here's some of what came out of the kiln this week.


Mugs!


Six of these will go to Buffalo Creek Gallery as soon as I can get myself organized to get over there.  The other six are for the gallery at A Griffin Pottery.  Two of them sold yesterday (yay!), so there are 4 left.

Some cups.  I have the hardest time carving the design in these.  There is no room for error and I don't feel particularly confident.  So far, I've not messed one up so badly that it had to be trashed.  I do need to make sure that the glaze stays down in the texture though. On a few of these, more wiped off than I meant to.


Leaf trays.


Utensil holders/vases. 


These are the last of the pieces that will have leaves on them until spring.  I particularly like the glaze on the one on the left and the leaf arrangement on the one on the right.


This utensil holder got a totally new design.  What do you think?  Do it again or no?

And here are some of the new things that I made this weekend.


More of those cups that my friends have called wine mugs.  Flowers (above) and something a little more abstract below.


I also made some cake plates (pictured below) and some pie plates (that I somehow neglected to get a picture of). 


The cake plates will be sized so that they will fit inside one of those Rubber Maid cake carriers.  I made one for Mom last year sometime and ever since have wished that I had one for myself.  I put rings on them to help the baker center the cake when turning it out.  If these turn out as nice as Mom's did, I'll try to make more.  They are hard though.  For me at least, flat things are difficult to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment