You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Monday, May 9, 2016

Leafy Things

Look at this beautiful peace lily! Sweet Prissy brought me the plant on Saturday to say congratulations.  It is signed "Love, Prissy and Allen" which pretty much caused me to become a sobbing heap of person right in the middle of the floor of the gallery.  I'm glad no one came in right then so I didn't have to explain why I was sitting on the floor ugly crying.  There are a few people who fully understand why that affected me so. I didn't have a chance to talk to Allen about buying his studio...to get his blessing. There was some communication, but we didn't get to talk. I have been told that he was happy that I was interested and that he smiled.  I like to think that he would be pleased and proud.  I think I would be if our situation were reversed. 

Some of you are probably going to think that I am really silly when I share this next bit.  Just keep your thoughts to yourself if you do.  I need to think about it this way...
This is a humming bird that Allen made.  I had taken some of the banana boxes that Allen used for moving pottery to and from shows and such over to my parents' house for them to borrow for a little while.  This bird fell out of the newspaper onto the concrete drive way and did not break when I was getting the boxes out of the car.  It felt like Allen sending me a sign that he WAS pleased about what was happening...that he was saying that it was going to be OK.  Pretty sweet, huh?  Then I forgot I'd put the bird in my pocket and it went through the washer and dryer and broke a wing and a beak off. Not sure what that means, so I'm choosing to stay focused on the it's all going to be OK part.  

I promised leafy things....since it is spring and there are leaves again, I've been using them.


This all seems like a great idea until time to glaze...then I'll wonder why I made so many pieces with leaves...

In other news, the Kiln Doctor is coming back on Wednesday morning to finish up the repair work.  I'll be able to bisque fire soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment