You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Monday, May 30, 2016

Important Wall Hanging

I got this poster hung in the gallery at the studio this afternoon.  (The angle is strange because I was trying to avoid a glare from the sun coming through the windows.) "A happy, busy place," is how Allen described his studio.  I hope that it continues to be that. 

Here's a better shot of the picture itself.
I have always loved this picture of Allen, and Prissy was kind enough to make a copy for me. 
THIS is how I want to remember him.  It was important to me to get a copy of this put up for everyone to see.  I want people to know who he was...and that without him none of us would be there doing what we do. I'm so grateful for everything that he taught me.  I miss him so very much.  The sad kind of sneaks up on me sometimes.  

In other news, we had another glaze fire this weekend.  Jeff and I unloaded yesterday.  Things continue to go well.  To quote Lisa C, "I love the new kiln!" 

A few leaf trays in floating blue and bronze green matte.  Allen used to accuse me of drinking the floating blue glaze.

A few egg separators.  These are handy to have in the kitchen.

Weird little pitcher thingy.

Bowls in faux salt and M&M clear red.

A small vase that turned out nice. 

Some small bowls.

I did a little carving on this bowl because it was really heavy.  I used clay that was really soft, so I had to leave it thicker than I wanted to.  It looks nice even it if is still heavier than I'd like.

Ta da!  Leaf platter in floating blue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment