You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

What's Been Happening Lately

I came to the realization yesterday that I either have time to make pots or I have time to take pictures and write about pots.  I'm having a very difficult time doing both.  

Last weekend it was time to glaze and fire.


Thursday afternoon I prepared for glazing.


Friday was glazing day.

Then on Saturday, I loaded up the kiln.  Before I could do that, there was a little bit of work that needed doing.  Periodically, the shelves need to be scraped and a new layer of kiln wash applied. It takes a little bit of time but isn't hard to do.


 The shelves dried while I finished up the last little bit of glazing. 


I came back on Monday morning and unloaded.  The kiln is acting a little bit funny, so I was anxious to see what kind of results we would get.  I took the following pictures as I unloaded so that I could remember what was at the top, middle, and bottom of the load in case anything looked funny.


Top layer...soup bowls on one side and tall things on the other.


Second layer...soup bowls.


Third layer...that's a lot of mugs.


Fourth layer...flat things on one side and some bowls and mugs.


And the bottom...bowls, vases, and the occasional mug.

The kiln continues to fire about an hour longer that what we expect, but once again, the results were OK.  I was very pleased with my things.  I'll share some pictures in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment