You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Results

As promised, here are pictures of the things of mine that came out of the last kiln load.  

Mugs. Seems like I'm always making mugs.  This batch is all textured.

With blue rims.

With brownish red rims.

With green rims.

With red rims.

Anyone notice that they are all different sizes?  That's because not everyone likes a big mug.  Yes. I do this on purpose.  The varying sizes has nothing to do with my inability right now to make things that actually match.

Different texture. There are 3 more that will "match" these that will get fired next time.

A smallish vase in this green that I LOVE.

Tan and blue similar to the mugs.

Tall lidded jar in blue.

And one in white.

And textured with brownish red on top.
I had such a good time making those jars.  I can't wait to do some more.

Then there were soup bowls.  These are tan and blue.

And tan and green with a different handle.
These bowls were made while I was working with my Aunt Marilyn to help her figure out what shape and handle she wanted on the bowls that she asked me to make.  I had a really good time making these too.  

Marilyn's bowls will be on white clay and will be glazed in blue and red. They are pictured below in various stages of the drying process.  These too will be in the next firing.  

Then, because I'm always making mugs, here are 8 more that I made last weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment