You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Monday, July 22, 2013

Canisters

I went back to work this week.  And I am still working on having a good attitude about it.  I LIKE my job, but as a teacher, it will always feel weird to go back to work in the middle of July.  I'm not complaining, mind you, but it takes me a while to adjust to being back on a schedule. 

In addition to working full time, I'm also trying to train for a triathlon on August 24 and a half marathon on Oct 20.  In other words, I have a very full schedule and I'm tired and hungry a lot these days.  How does all this affect pottery, you ask?  Well, it means that I'm not able to be there very much. This week, I didn't make it back until Saturday morning.  However, I did swim once, ride my bike twice, and run 4 times this week in addition to working full time and taking care of other family obligations.  No wonder I was pooped by Friday!

Sept 28 is the next salt fire and I'm trying to have 30 pieces ready.  I have a mental list of what I'd like to do...which I should really write down.  Mental lists have a tendency to disappear.  Anyway, that list includes at least one canister set.  I threw the pots and lids on Saturday morning and went back on Sunday to finish them.  

Before...

...and after.

So this is 3 of the 30 pieces...I just counted available weekends and I'm not going to make it if I don't work a little faster!  

No comments:

Post a Comment