You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Salt Fire

I've been in the studio almost every day for the past two weeks and it has been wonderful.  After not having  the time or energy to do much over the past couple of months, it is great to get back into it and find that I can still make stuff.  

I'm currently working on pieces for a salt fire.  Allen and I are taking some pieces over to Ron Philbeck's later this month to be fired with some of his work.  This is something new for us and I am SO EXCITED about trying this out.  The opportunity has also given me a goal to work toward and has been instrumental in getting me motivated to make pottery again. So THANKS to Ron for inviting us and to Allen for including me and making it possible for me to participate even though I am going to be out of town on the actual day of the firing.  More about that later...

Pictures of some of the things I've made for the salt fire are below.  There are also some mugs and napkin holders that I didn't get pictures of for this post.  I'm making lots of things of various sizes with the understanding that it might not all fit.  Anything that doesn't make it in will get glazed and fired in our studio later.  
Candle holder

Cookie jar or large canister (this might end up being too big)

Cream and sugar set

Small lidded bowl (that handle isn't as crooked as it looks)

Large lidded bowl 

No comments:

Post a Comment