You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Finally!

In April of 2011, I shared a picture of a wheel and kiln that I'd bought.  Here we are two years later and I can finally report that I have now used my wheel!

A space opened up in the studio and Allen gave me the go ahead to bring my wheel.  Jeff and I moved it in on Saturday morning and I promptly got to work.  I have to confess that I was a little bit worried that I wouldn't be able to throw on this wheel.  It is very different from the one I'd gotten used to using.  


I guess I did not need to be worried.  I managed to make several things that morning.  Looking at this picture reminds me that I had a bowl to trim.  Ooops!  I haven't done that yet.  There have been a number of other things that have gotten in the way since Saturday and I haven't managed to get back over there.  I hope it hasn't dried out too much.  Yikes!  

No comments:

Post a Comment