You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Good Bye Treasures...

The Treasures of the Earth Pottery Show and Sale at the Cleveland County Arts Council is now over.  I went over Friday afternoon and packed up the pieces that didn't sell.  I had a pretty good show all things considered and am grateful to everyone who purchased a piece of Susan Jones Pottery.

Thank goodness I sold some work.  When I unpacked at home, I had trouble getting everything back on the shelves. The good news is that if you didn't have a chance to buy something while it was on display, there are still LOTS of pots to choose from.  Feel free to contact me if you need to do some shopping.  (I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that Mother's Day is just around the corner.)

This week in the studio, I've been working on throwing and altering bowls.  I hope to have pictures to share in a few weeks when they are glazed and fired.  I'm having some difficulty getting the sizes right for what I have in mind.  We shall see how they turn out.  I also hand built a vase that might end up being relatively interesting.

I've enjoyed continuing to work with Megan.  She's coming along nicely despite the fact that one of our lessons this week was hijacked by our friendly neighborhood dentist/potter.  All kidding aside, I think she is benefiting from this "teaching by committee."  I am certainly grateful for input from others.  We all do things a little bit differently and this exposure to a number of throwing techniques is helping her find what works best for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment