You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Glazing Day

It was glazing day on Saturday after a relatively late start.  I participated in the Camper Scamper 5K to benefit Camp Safe Haven first thing that morning.  (This also makes Saturday Racing Day, by the way.)

It was rainy which meant that things dried really slowing.  Patience was key for pieces that require two or more glazes.  It is important to allow the first glaze to dry before layering the other glazes.  Many of my pieces have more than one glaze, and I'm not particularly patient, so this was a little frustrating for me.

I waited until Sunday to load the kiln and get it started.  I wanted to be sure that everything was completely dry before I handled them much.  We should have some new things to take home in a few days.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Susan, Allen stopped by to see me today and told me you were blogging. Great to see. I'll check in often. Best, Ron Philbeck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ron. I'm enjoying both the potting and the blogging.

    ReplyDelete