You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Thursday, October 24, 2019

Where Oh Where Did October Go?

The Carolina Pottery Festival happens in just 9 short days!

Between a week long vacation to Arizona and southern Utah, returning home to a dying dryer and multiple plumbing problems, and incapacitating muscle spasms in my back (which I blame on the stress of the plumbing and appliance problems coming right after sleeping awkwardly on the plane on the way home), the first 24 days of October have slipped right by me.  I thought that it would be an easier, less stressful time leading up to the first Saturday in November this year since I am not working, but no.  

Yes.  Pots.  You want to see pots.  


It's hard to tell from this picture, but this is a bowl.  I made a couple of these back in the summer because my Mom and Dad needed something to fit under a glass coffee table they'd bought.  They turned out really nice, the parents chose the one they liked, and the other one sold at Buffalo Creek Gallery.  There are also a couple of lamps that are glazed in the same blue that I'll take on Nov 2.

Lamp!

I made some more pieces using the dark brown clay that I have come to love so much.
Mugs in turquoise.

Honey pots and cake plates in turquoise and cream.

More mugs.

Mugs with turtles.  I actually made these as a commission, but I wasn't able to get them finished in time for the person who asked me to make them.  Sometimes that happens.

These are bacon cookers.  How I managed to glaze 3 the same color I do not know. Usually I try to do a variety of colors.  I must have been really loving floating blue the day that I glazed these.  Or maybe I was just tired.  There are 3 more waiting to be fired and they are different colors.

Utensil holder, tall pitcher, canister set, casserole dish, and spoon rests - all in the same tan and green glazes.

There are 9 days until the show on Saturday, Nov 2, but set up for potters is the afternoon of Friday, Nov 1.  I've only got 8 days to get the rest of our stuff finished up. Gail, Lisa, Ronnie, and I are all feeling the push.  There's a bisque fire cooling right now.  We can unload it tomorrow morning.  Then we will have 2 glaze firings to get everything we need finished.  I'll load up on Sunday evening, then that can be unloaded on Tuesday.  If I can load again on Tuesday, then we can unload on Thursday.  That will be just in time for packing.  Keep your fingers crossed that everything goes according to plan.  

No comments:

Post a Comment