You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Friday, June 29, 2018

Summer Time, Summer Time

In June, peaches and blueberries in North Carolina are ripe.  I love peaches and blueberries! I eat them every morning with my yogurt and granola.  For a special treat, I made a cobbler earlier this week.  The recipe is EASY.  Start with fruit.  This works with this combination or just peaches.  In the fall, I make it with apples. 

The topping is equal parts Bisquick and sugar.  I don't measure it.  Just dump it in a bowl.  Add some cinnamon.  Again, no measuring.  Mix all that up and sprinkle on the fruit.  Top that with pats of butter.  No skimping on the butter here.  


Bake at 350 for about an hour.  Let it cool just a little bit and serve with vanilla ice cream.  Yum!

The baking dish that I use is one of my favorites.  It is a soda fired piece with a cobalt blue liner. I made this one a few years ago.  It was fired it at Ron Philbeck's.  It's not often that I bring things home to use unless they are flawed in some way. This one I just loved, so I decided to keep it.  It makes me happy every time that I use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment