You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Monday, April 16, 2018

And Almost a Month Later...

After the Catawba Valley Pottery Market back in March, I took a short break.  Spring Break started the week after. I don't remember what I had going on that first weekend, I am pretty sure that it did not involve clay.  Then there was Easter weekend and family visiting followed by our annual go to Charleston for the Cooper River Bridge Run weekend.  Last weekend was the first time that I spent any time in the studio.  

Boy, was it good to get in the clay again!  Here are some of the things I made.  





Between all these pieces, an extra smaller casserole dish without a lid, and the 8 mugs that I didn't manage to take any pictures of, I worked through 50 pounds of clay.  I'm not sure I've ever done that much in one weekend before.  I know I was pretty tired by that last piece!  

Soon there will be news of the next bisque fire followed closely by a glaze fire and I will have more finished things to share.  

No comments:

Post a Comment