You can often find me here

You can often find me here

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Great Big Zero

Know how many pots I made this week? NONE.  I think I'm suffering withdrawal.  It feels a bit like guilt.  I know that's nuts. There are only 24 hours in a day and the past week has been full - back to the real job, a triathlon, and volunteering for the American Legion World Series.  Still, it feels very strange and not so good that I didn't get any studio time in the past week. In fact, I didn't get to do any of those things as well as I would have liked because I'm spread too thin.

There were some things that I forgot to share before, so this is a catch up on some of that.

I did this...

My attempt to make this...

If you read this blog regularly (thank you!), you'll remember that I shared some pictures of my first try...that was on white clay.  That didn't do so well and ended with me throwing the clay across the studio.  I felt much better after that and tried again. 

We had a glaze fire and I don't think I showed you any pictures. Here's all my things

And a few close ups...

Blue casserole

Multi colored casserole

Utensil holder or vase

I think there will be enough work for a bisque fire soon.  Maybe even this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment